Know Your Rights Regarding Workday Breaks
If your employer in Southern California regularly denies you breaks or consistently asks you to work through your prescribed lunch period, you may be able to take legal action. Call Jay S. Rothman & Associates to discuss your circumstances. From offices in Woodland Hills, our lawyers provide legal advice and representation for clients in communities throughout Los Angeles County and the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. If you feel your wage and hour rights have been violated, call 855-239-0102 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles attorney for cases involving employment breaks today.
Violations of your rights for labor law breaks include:
- Your employer has a supervisor sit with you during your break to monitor your behavior and conversation.
- You are required to remove (doff) required work equipment after you punch out for your lunch break or put on (don) equipment before punching back in for work.
- Your employer requires you to work through your regularly scheduled break, but promises to “make it up to you” later.
- You are not paid your full overtime pay because you were allowed a break during the overtime hours.
- Your employer does not provide a separate space or suitable environment for a break or meals.
San Fernando Valley Employee Rights Attorneys
Get the legal help you need to protect your employee rights. Call 855-239-0102. You may also use our contact form to submit an email regarding your case. We offer a free consultation, and we advance all costs of investigating, preparing and litigating your case.