Employee Rights Litigation For Los Angeles County And The San Fernando Valley
Under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and California state law, employers are required to pay overtime and meet minimum wage requirements. If your employer in Southern California has not been paying you according to the law, you are entitled to seek compensation through a lawsuit.
The law firm of Jay S. Rothman & Associates is one of the most recognized names in labor law. We provide aggressive, results-focused representation for workers who have had their state and federal wage and hour rights violated. From offices in Woodland Hills, our lawyers provide legal advice and representation for clients in communities throughout Los Angeles County and the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. If you feel your employer has violated wage and hour laws, call 818-986-7870 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles attorney for minimum wage and overtime cases today.
Anyone of these common practices may be a violation of your rights under state and federal overtime laws:
- Your employer has misclassified you as an exempt (salaried) worker and expects you to work more than 40 hours per week without additional overtime pay.
- Your employer has forced you to work through your rest breaks and lunch breaks, with vague promises of making it up to you later.
- Your employer is making unlawful or unauthorized payroll deductions from your paycheck.
- Your employer asks you to work overtime at regular hourly rates, but promises to compensate you with time off later.
- Your employer is paying you less than minimum wage.
- Your employer won’t pay the overtime pay or commissions you are owed.
- Your employer requires you to change into/out of your work uniform on the worksite, but off the pay clock.
- You are expected to work significantly more hours as a corporate executive, but you are given no departmental leadership responsibilities or authority.
Call An Experienced San Fernando Valley Wage and Hour Attorney
Get the legal help you need to protect your employee rights. Call 818-986-7870. You may also use our contact form to submit an email regarding your case. We offer a free consultation, and we advance all costs of investigating, preparing and litigating your case.