Employee Rights Litigation For Los Angeles County And The San Fernando Valley
Veterans returning from active duty deployment are guaranteed certain rights under U.S. law and California state law. If you are a Southern California veteran who has lost your job or was not hired because of your status as an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces, call Jay S. Rothman & Associates.
From offices in Woodland Hills, our lawyers provide legal advice and representation for clients in communities throughout Los Angeles County and the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. If you feel your workplace rights may have been violated, call 818-986-7870 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles veteran discrimination attorney today.
Although veterans typically receive the respect and honor they are due in this country, veteran status discrimination is very real in today’s workplace. Some employers pay lip service to honoring the American military vet, yet they violate veterans’ workplace rights and deny veterans opportunities on the job. Veteran discrimination may be unintentional or done out of ignorance of the law, but it is illegal.
Veterans, if you have faced any of these issues following your return from active deployment, you may have a case for veteran discrimination:
- Your employer replaced you with another worker and did not hold a job open for your return.
- You were not hired or you were fired specifically because you have been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- You were specifically not hired by a company because you are a former U.S. service member.
- You were not hired because of your status as a member of a military reserve or National Guard unit.
- You were denied promotional opportunities because of your status as a veteran or member of a reserve or National Guard unit.
- You were fired because of your pending deployment for active duty.
San Fernando Valley PTSD Discrimination Attorneys
We are a team of experienced employment litigation attorneys who focus our practice exclusively on the protection of workers’ rights. Get the legal help you need to protect your employee rights. Call 818-986-7870. You may also use our contact form to submit an email regarding your case. We offer a free consultation, and we advance all costs of investigating, preparing and litigating your case.